Living the Lifestyle

The continuous journey that is weight maintenance. My tips, advice, struggles and how I live life and still maintain!

Apr 21, 2009

Kind of Random...Comparison Trip - 5 years between

Well it's been quite awhile since my last post. I have been extremely busy with work and WW, that the time for sitting down and actually concentrating on a blog is extremely limited. So go figure it's 11:00pm on a Tuesday night, and I have decided to write an entry!

I was just sitting here looking for something on my computer, and I came across something on my desktop I forgot about. LOL, you all know what I'm talking about right? I have this mass of icons on my desktop, so I just "found" it again! :)

Anyways, what I found was a comparison shot of me...first in California in 2003 inside a cell in Alcatraz, which are small to begin with...then throw me at just about 200lbs in there! You will see. The second is of me in California in 2008...almost 5 years apart. I went September 2003 & end of March/beginning of April 2008.

Here are some shots from the 2003 trip...
Me in Alcatraz...

Goofing around in the hat store...

I thought that the Alcatraz one was bad, but as I was posting this pic I thought "wow, that was me?".

The thoughts still go through my mind. How did I allow myself to get there? And to think, these pictures were after I rejoined and was down about 25-30lbs...

And then I went to California again last year, last week of March and first week of April...

The lemon tree at a winery in Napa Valley...

The orange tree in Lodi...noticing a trend here that I posed with fruit? :)

Big tree outside the hotel in Lodi...


Wow, this post turned into something a lot longer than I wanted. I guess what I wanted to do is make sure you all congratulate yourselves on how far you've come - no matter where you are! You should be proud that you took the step of comitting yourself to WW and learning to live a healthy life while still being able to HAVE a life! I still congratulate myself with not only what I have accomplished, but how I've managed to stay here!

Next time you do something good for yourself, give yourself a pat on the back and remember how much your positive attitude means to the success you'll have on this program!

5 Comments:

Blogger nikbis said...

Amen to that Lindz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You look amazing and not only that but you seem so much more content with yourself, than the girl int he "before" pics, know what I mean?

That's too funny because my comparison shots are often from California too! I'll have to try to find them when I'm home at my parents' next week - what a great backdrop for before and afters :)

Thanks for sharing!!!

April 22, 2009 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

AMAZING PICS !!! Shows that it actually works =P

April 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM  
Blogger trev said...

Checked out your blog via the WW Forum, and I had to tell you how inspirational you are for me. Had a slight hiccup at my WI this past week and was crushed, but after checking out your graph I realized it's all about the trend. A little blip here and there is just another part of the journey.

Here's to downward trends! Thanks again, I'll keep checking in for more inspiration from time to time.

April 22, 2009 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger Tawney said...

i love your posts on the msg boards, i love following your blogs...i wish you were my leader!!!
it is great to see actual successes!!! and yours is a great one!!!
keeps me going!

April 23, 2009 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger JenniferMuriel said...

I've also reached your blog via the WW forum. Your blog and WW posts are great Lindz- and your meetings are super inspiring... if only I could attend a meeting every 3 days! LOL But that's why I've joined WW online this week... motivation & inspiration!

April 23, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home